Let me introduce you a new photo and health challenge that will be running on my blog from 14.7. 2016 until 1.9.2016. (I am extending the time to finish the challenge until the end of September 2016. If you need even more time to finish your part, let me know. I will be with you until you will reach your finishing line. Anyway on 1.10.2016 new round of the updated and improved challenged will be starting ).
Feel free to join me for one day, for few days and you may even complete the whole 30 days of the challenge. You may complete even more days of this challenge and post more than 30 sunrise/morning photos. Read what benefits you can earn by participating in this challenge, what goals you can set for yourself and how you can participate in the challenge. It’s not only about a photo challenge but also about your health. Let’s improve our health, have fun, enjoy photography and blogging together!
How was the idea born:
I got the idea this morning when I took my camera for my first sunrise photo. I woke up before 5 am with bad headache. When you wake up in the morning, you should feel good, fresh and full of energy, but I don’t have the pleasure of that. Since I had a car accident I find it hard to sleep due to my back and neck injuries. Well, stress can be a huge part of bad sleeping habits too. Do you have lots of stress in your life? I don’t even want to start talking about the stress in my life…This morning I took my dog to the backyard and while she was doing her morning routine, I was looking at the sky and wondering how the sunrise look like near the sea in Clontarf. Why just dream about something? I took a bike, camera and the dog with me and rode the bike to Clontarf. That is how I got my first photo of sunrise and the idea of a photo challenge was born. I think its time to learn a good healthy habit in my life. What do you think? Do you want to improve your health and have some fun with chasing sun before it is up and high on the sky? Join me. Lets support each other!
Goals of this challenge (pick one goal, pick few goals or try to achieve all of them, add your own motivational goals):
- Sleeping: Examples of goals that you can set for yourself: get good sleep, sleep at least 8 hours, go sleep early so you can get up early, improve your sleeping habits. You don’t have to get up at the exact time of sunrise to join the challenge, but if you try it, you will see that it has some magic.
- Exercise: do some exercise, for example riding bike, swimming, walking, little running or just moving anyhow to get the photo of sunrise or photo that capture the morning atmosphere. Set your own goal so you can improve your fitness level. If you were not doing any exercise at all until now, start with 2o minutes walking near your house and looking around you, watching how the morning sun change the look of the buildings and things around you. Capture some of it in your photo.
- Taking a photo: The sun is making the morning magic for many hours, so no need to stress yourself to get up too early. But when you do this early, you will feel really good, you will feel that you are ahead of others who are still sleeping. It’s very positive experience. The highest goal that you can set for yourself would be to capture the sunrise somewhere in mountains. You would have to get up really early to get there in time to take picture of the sunrise. Some photographers camp at the place where they want to take the picture. I am definitely going to try to walk up to the nearest hill and try to take a photo of sunrise, some days I will try to capture sunrise in the city. There are many days with rain without sun so we can use some photos that we took in the past and focus more on the exercise part of the day.
- Writing a blog post: You can just post the photo with description where and when it was taken.You may add little bit about the exercise you did that day. If you want to write more, please share your experience with us in your blog post. I cant wait to read all about your attempts in the challenge.
- Socializing: Link with other people who participate. Lets support each other by commenting on each others post about the challenge. I will be reading all post and commenting on your blogs to cheer you up and motivate you to try another day of the challenge again and again. Lets do small steps day by day together.
Now you can join the challenge even if you don’t have a blog or website: New Facebook group created to support you during your journey to get the best sunrise photos and improve your health.
You can do 30 photos of sunrise in 30 days, but it does not have to be everyday. The challenge will rum from 14.7. 2016 until 1.9. 2016. You can join me anytime, you can do 1 day, few days, complete the 30 days challenge or post more than 30 sunrise/ morning photos. I do not promise to post everyday myself, but when I achieve my goal in a new day of the challenge you will hear all about it, because I will publish a new post for you. Things happen in life when we might not have access to internet or computer (or when we over sleep and miss the sunrise or crazy rainy days when we don’t want to go out). Let see how many times we can get up early in this period (14.7.-1.9.) There is 49 days, so 49 times is the possible record. My goal is to get 30 sunrise photos and complete at least 30 days of the challenge in this summer period. Set your own goal and don’t hesitate to join me.
Benefits of this challenge to you:
- Improve your mental and physical health. See what blogger Nezel discovered while she participated in the challenge: 8 Surprising Benefits Of Sunrise
- Experience magic healing power of sunrise.
- See something new, exiting and beautiful that will brighten up your day. (Civil Twilight and sunrise at Dublin docks.)( Dublin Sea Point.)( Sunrise at Charles bridge in Prague)
- Enjoy morning walks with your family members, experience bonding and deep shared feelings of happiness when you watch sunrise together. Look at my happy family moments: Chasing the sun with my son. See what blogger Nezel wrote about her experience with the challenge Benefits Of Family Time
- Writing about your experience with the challenge will help you to blog more often, maybe you will start publishing a post every day.
- Discover new blogs, get traffic to your blog, have a look at links of people who are participating. Share your blog post in Facebook support group created specially for this challenge.
- Have fun, enjoy photography, get motivation and support.
I was like a little vampire, studying and working at night, sleeping only sometimes during the day with very bad sleeping habits and fighting insomnia. The challenge is changing my life. Let me know about the benefits that the challenge is bringing to you.
How to participate:
Set your own goals for the challenge
Pick one day for the challenge at any time you want.(during the period that the challenge is running)
At the day of your challenge: Take one or more photos of sunrise (one sunrise at specific date and location) or take a morning photo with some morning light on the things around you. If the weather is too bad for many days you can use an old photo. Dont let the bad weather to stop you from participating in the challenge.
At the day of your challenge: Work on improving your health, try achieve your goal for improving your health.
Write post and publish it on your blog (one post for one specific date and location). You don’t have to publish the post at the same day when you did the rest of the challenge. You can post just one photo or you can add anything you want, poem, story, thoughts, your experience about taking the photo and don’t forget to mention what you did to improve your health. I would love to read all about your experience with the challenge.
Put a link to this my introduction article in your post. You can also leave a link to your post in comments here. (When you post day 1, comment the link to your post below the article with my day 1 of the challenge.)
Have a look at my day one of the challenge for inspiration:Day 1 Caroline’s 30 days sunrise photo and health challenge
Try one day and see how you like it. Then pick another day and try again and again, day by day. Let’s see how far we can get together.
I am looking forward to see your beautiful photos from different places and read all about your attempts in the challenge.
P.S: The sun doesn’t have to be always in the photo. It’s about the colors of the sunrise on the sky, the atmosphere in the morning time and how different places around the word look early in the morning.
For inspiration have a look at some of the bloggers that have joined the challenge and click on some links to their articles: